Sri Vijaya Educational, Cultural and Social Services Organization...
This is a social services and charity organization dedicated to promoting social well-being, education and cultural activities of the society at large with no discrimination as to caste, creed or race. The many services rendered by this organization see no regional bounds. Thus, over the past fourteen years since its inception in 1992, these services have pervaded to very remote outskirts surpassing the confines of the Panadura area.
On a number of instances, the organization has provided various services and facilities to a large number of poor families in distant areas like Embilipitiya and Sooriyawewa. The services/facilities made available included distribution of clothes and dry ration, providing school equipment, books and other stationary, medical and sanitary facilities. Apart from that, over the past ten years the organization has continuously been extending a host of social hospitalities by distributing spectacles, providing specialized medical facilities, organizing blood donation campaigns etc.
At its base at Panadura. Besides, in keeping with its objectives, the organization has so far played an active role in attending to the urgent relief and other welfare needs of victims whenever the country was subject to massive calamities like the recent Tsunami, landslides and floods. Further, the organization has set up a separate disaster relief unit to respond to urgent needs of assistance to flood victims and the like. ..
The organization has rendered a great service in the recent Tsunami disaster and is still maintaining services to the affected families, with the regard to their welfare. Another commendable service of the organization is provision of school equipment, exercise books and other stationary, footwear, clothing and the like needs of the students from poor and low-income families with a view to ensuring equal educational opportunities to all. The organization has so far ordained a host of children from 36 poor families in remote areas. These children as novice Bhikkus have been directed to undergoing proper education and training while attention has beeb focused to the welfare and other needs of their families. The granting of scholarships to students from poor families is yet another benevolent project of significance undertaken by the organization as an annual event in continuation over the past..
01. " To focus the attention of the order of Bhikkus towards the need of a wide and deep social cleansing by raising awareness among Bhikkus of their social obligations and the role to be played by them in this noble exercise.. "
02. " To produce a well-informed and highly disciplined generation of Bhikkus capable of discharging their duties in a proper manner to ensure long existence and stability of the sasana... "
03. " To ordain children of poor families in remote areas and directing them to receiving a proper formal education, and provide every possible assistance to those families in order to alleviate their poverty... "
04. " To grant scholarships to children of poor families enabling them to pursue and improve their education.. "
05. " To provide medical facilities to those patients who are deprived of treatment due to financial difficulties. (These facilities are provided through regular clinics offering specialized medical expertise as well as drugs.. "
06. " To organize activities for promoting inter-lingual knowledge and skills among the Bhikkhus enabling facile and effective dissemination of the Dhamma.... "
07. " To take steps to save the younger generation from oberation, misconduct and numerous vice and to implement religious counseling services to rescue them from liquor, smoking and the drug menace... "
08. " To provide Bhikkhu students with a knowledge of information and communication technology enabling them to effectively communicate the Dhamma to the modern world. It is expected to set up a fully fledged computer centre for this purpose... "
2014 | © By Sri Vijaya Sugatha Vidyalaya Maha Pirivena